Thursday, February 22, 2007

Learning 2.0: Exercise 9: Library blogs/newsfeeds

I searched for more newsfeeds to add to my bloglines account. I found one using Blogline's search tool (LibrarianInBlack) but had no luck with Feedster. I didn't like Feedster as much as the Bloglines's search tool. I added a feed from Topix.net on local (San Jose) news which included some links to stories on the City's budget which will effect SJPL. I found Syndic8.com difficult to use...couldn't figure it out. I used Technorati to add a feed to the NY Times about the controversy created by the use of the word "scrotum" in an award winning children's book.

I'm not sure yet whether I feel it will be useful to have access to all these newsfeeds...or whether it will become just one more thing to check each day...

No comments: